We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage the launch of the Ansty Village Centre. The person will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to promote the Centre and attract a diverse range of community and business users. This includes the promotion and growth of the Centre’s bar, hiring and supervising bar staff, and ensuring that members and guests receive excellent drinks, food, and service.
Duties for the General Manager will involve marketing and coordinating the promotion of the Centre’s facilities, managing business operations and costs, ensuring good customer service for all users, engaging with vendors, and updating vendor contracts, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. As the manager of the Centre’s bar, you will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist the Centre in maintaining relationships across the range of users, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, meeting business objectives, and ensuring financial sustainability.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, a good knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
The noteworthy General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the Centre’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing strategies for the promotion of the Centre.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities to improve revenue, including planning and delivering promotional events.
- Creating and managing budgets and setting goals.
- Evaluating performance, analysing accounting and financial data.
- Overseeing daily operations in the Centre, including to discharge of caretaking, booking and cleaning of the facilities.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, including negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours
- Ensuring compliance with the alcohol and other licenses and ensuring these licences are updated and in line with current legislation
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to customers.
- Maintaining a fun and safe environment for customers.
General Manager Requirements:
- Degree or diploma level education (?)
- Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with a strong work ethic.
- Proactive nature.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
How to Apply
To apply for the position send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]